Thursday 18 October 2012

- Dressing... HIM! -



The appeal of a well dressed and groomed man will never get old and in this post I hope to offer a little bit of advice and gentle guidance for those men out there that need a wee push in the right direction!

 So many men, might I add Irish men in particular... Can't seem to get over their obsession with tracksuits! For example, I know a man that has a great body and takes care in his appearance through looking after his hair paying attention to what aftershave he wears etc, but when it comes to fashion he is completely clueless. When I meet a man first I will immediately look at what their wearing and from that I instinctively make a judgement on their overall 'ora'. It is so easy for men to dress well once they are able to cover the basics and that is what I am going to concentrate on.

1st of all good fit is vital and knowing what suits your shape. So here are some of what I would consider as basics in decent styling for men... Would love some feedback as many of readers may know this post is very unlike my previous stuff! 

Hope you enjoy!
<3 


Statement pieces:


A decent fit printed tshirt... I love a graphic tshirt on guys it makes you stop and look but let it be for the right reasons! No ''if found please return to pub'' etc :p

classic crew neck Theres something cute and approachable about a crew neck. I personally love this neck line but if you have a slightly longer neck and short hair its best if you pair it with a polo or shirt underneath.

statement chinos  I can't say i'm a big Chino fan but i am loving this colour.

stripes are always sexy ...  sailor chic? Love it :)

collared jumper I adore this jumper. So wallet friendly and I bought one for my boyfriend in navy which really suits him as he has a long neck and should avoid crew necks.

Coats:


classic peacoat   A good coat or jacket can really sophisticate a look. My favourite on any man would be the P coat. In my opinion it can suit all body shapes as it gives structure to the male torso.

classic wax jacket this option is simple and classic but becuse of the 'wax jacket revivial' you could say it automatically brings your look up to date with todays trends.

leather biker this style is great if your going for a bad boy image! The one i have chosen isn't too pricey and the loose neckline allows it stay casual. I like how it styled with the V-cut tee. But please if your going for a low neckline no shaved chests! ;)


Jeans:

great dark Levi's This cut will fit and compliment all body shapes and leg lengths. The dark colour creates an elongating and flattering effect.

Levi everyday skinnies Again another great shape. Levi really do give you the creme de la creme tailoring in their jeans. This style would suit the slightly thinner man. The skinny fit can again keep your look current with the minimum amount of effort.

Thank you so much for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment